Located in Utica, NY
Our Client, The Rescue Mission of Utica, is seeking a Registered Nurse to support their expanding and dynamic organization.
Mission Statement: The Rescue Mission of Utica, Inc. is a Christian Ministry, established to proclaim, in word and deed, the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ, by unconditionally endeavoring to assess and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of those individuals seeking assistance.
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Department: Addictions Stabilization Center (ASC)
Job Summary: This position is responsible for providing clinically care to chemically dependent individuals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Screen potential clients.
- Conduct medical and mental health assessments on clients and evaluate for appropriateness for crisis stabilization bed.
- Report medical or mental health deficiencies to the Program Director, Medical Doctor and/or Nurse Practitioner as appropriate.
- Obtain and transcribe verbal orders from Medical Doctor and/or Nurse Practitioner.
- Obtain medications, transcribe and administer medications per physician order and agency policy.
- Communicate need to obtain and refill any client medication via “obtaining prescriptions and refills” form.
- Provide direct clinical nursing care per physician orders and in accordance with all clinical protocols.
- Monitor withdrawal process and medical condition of any clients under the influence of alcohol or other chemical substances and score patients on appropriate withdrawal scales per protocol.
- Case management to include, but not limited to, referral to needed services and discharge planning.
- Arrange for the transfer of any client needing medical evaluation or higher level of care to local hospital as necessary.
- Correctly document or oversee delegated documentation of shift notes, opening notes, behavioral incidents, obtaining prescriptions and refills form, admission and discharge reports and all NYS OASAS forms.
- Properly perform or oversee delegated screening, intake, assessment, admission and discharges of clients.
- Properly perform or oversee delegated performance and documentation of vital signs.
- Answer telephones, complete telephone intakes and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Provide direct supervision to members of primary staff in the performance of general daily duties and delegate job assignments as necessary to assure the smooth coordination and flow of daily activities.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with current RN licensing and registration from the NYS Education Department. Maintains all required credentials.
- Some experience as an RN required.
- Must obtain CPR certification within 90 days of hire and maintain current certification throughout period of employment.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate the following: stethoscope & blood pressure cuff.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Clean/valid NYS Driver’s License
- Enthusiastic support of our Mission Statement
Status/Hours: Full-Time , Part - Time, per diem – 3-11pm and 4-12 flexibility with scheduling
Pay Rate: $28.00 per hour
Pay Rate and Benefits: We offer a competitive pay rate and comprehensive benefit package for eligible employees to include medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), voluntary benefits, paid time off, holidays and paid training
Express Employment Professionals and The Rescue Mission are Equal Opportunity Employers
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502