Collections Representative (Call Center)
Located in Hillsboro, OR
Call Center Representative: Collections
Monday - Friday
8:00 - 5:00 pm TRAINING
10:00 am - 7:00 pm shift for first several months
We are seeking RESULTS DRIVEN, CUSTOMER FOCUSED candidates for Customer Accounts Analyst opportunities with a leading financial services firm in Hillsboro. A successful applicant will possess superior customer service skills, have an eagerness to learn, be team oriented, a have a strong commitment to excellence in the Call Center or Financial industry. The position is responsible for control, through effective collection techniques, of delinquent lease and retail accounts while providing quality customer service.
Job Duties include but aren't limited to:
- Contact customers through effective telephone collection methods to determine the reason for delinquency, verify all information, and evaluate the customer’s willingness and ability to pay, resolve the account to current status or institute measures to conclude the account satisfactory.
- Negotiate corrective action on delinquent accounts to ensure most profitable resolution. Transfer accounts in assigned portion of portfolio from delinquent to current status using the department standards outlined below.
- Minimize delinquency in assigned collection queue.
- Collection productivity as measured in Accounts worked per hour and payments collected.
- Control of losses measured by the number of repossessions and charge off losses within the assigned collection queue.
- Locate through effective skip tracing techniques customers and collateral to minimize potential loss situations.
- Make timely recommendations of corrective action to be taken to resolve delinquency.
- Maintain follow up on required customer insurance coverage and institute corrective action when deficient coverage discovered.
- Process, follow up, and resolve inbound collection and customer service telephone inquiries.
- Initiate, mail, and follow up for necessary processing of all customer correspondence.
- Approve Extensions, Deferments and Due Date Changes within authorized limits to promote customer performance of contractual obligations.
- Evaluate and execute collection follow up as further action is needed.
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries and complaints to mutual satisfaction of company and customer.
- A minimum of 6 consecutive months of previous collections, negotiation, retail, sales or call center experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- 30+ WPM typing after errors (assessment required)
- Bachelor Degree
- Bi-lingual Spanish capability highly desirable
- Specialized Skills, Knowledge, Certifications, etc.
- Automotive Finance Experience
- PC literacy
- Knowledge of basic legal compliance issues pertaining to collections, bankruptcy and credit reporting
Contact Express Employment Professionals for immediate consideration:
Apply online at https://www.expresspros.com
We offer competitive wages and great benefits including immediate medical coverage, a 401K package, weekly pay and MUCH MORE!! On-the-job training provided!!
Express Office: Hillsboro (Portland Metro)
1001 Southeast Tualatin Valley Highway
Hillsboro, OR 97123