Drivers! CDL-A and CDL-B
Located in Malvern,PA
CDL-A and CDL-B Drivers needed!
This position insures the timely and safe delivery of products dock to dock between Griffin locations. Must be available to work a flexible schedule which may require early morning hours.
- Drives truck to customer locations while abiding by load safety, DOT and general safe driving guidelines.
- Uses city, county, and, state maps.
- Maintains truck log, mileage report, and other mandated forms according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains constant communication with supervisor on all aspects of delivery, traffic, weather conditions, or equipment failure.
- Unloads and loads truck by hand, very physical labor intensive when required, or use pallet jack or hand truck to make deliveries when feasible.
- Inspects truck, trailer, tires, lights, brakes, oil, and water to ensure load safety while complying with DOT standards.
- Performs minor repairs on clearance lights, and adjusts brakes if needed.
- Checks and breaks down loads frequently to ensure that product ride safely. Secures product with load bars or straps.
- Possesses appropriate and current CDL A or CDL B driver’s license
- Proven history of safe driving as mandated by state MVR reports.
- Able to lift 50lbs. Must be able to pass DOT regulated physical and drug screen upon hire, renewal, and randomly.
- Ability to operate a forklift, pallet jack, and hand truck.
- Required to use various hand tools, load bar, straps, and cell phone.
- Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people - internal and external. Capable of completing basic mathematical calculations and entering correct information on logs and other reports.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize truckloads and delivery schedules.
- Vision correctable to within normal range for vehicle driving and completion of reports.
- Excellent navigational skills with ability to read maps, roads signs, etc.
Express Office: Chester County (Main Line)
215 Lancaster Avenue
Malvern, PA 19355