Reach Truck Operator
Located in Eldersburg,MD
Order Selector/Reach Truck Operator Summary
Responsible for filling customers’ orders utilizing RF equipment to pick the product and delivering the selected product to the truck loading dock. Ship verifying the selected product and loading the verified product on the assigned truck or trailer. This position is responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled which includes meeting company productivity standards, working safely and operating all Material Handling Equipment in a safe manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To abide by all Safety Rules and Regulations. To be able to recognize an unsafe condition and take the necessary steps in correcting that condition. All unsafe conditions should be reported to management personnel.
- Efficiently pick and verify all customer orders.
- To secure the proper license to operate the Material Handling Equipment.
- Have the ability to assemble and/or stack various products on a pallet to be loaded securely on a truck or trailer to be transported safely to our customers.
- To be able to operate a fork lift in performance of order filling when such handling is required.
- Have the ability to properly check the MHE before using to ensure it is in proper running condition for safety and to perform basic job functions.
- To work neat and clean during the regular shipping activities and seek out the manager or lead person for sanitation assignment at the completion of outbound activities.
- The ability to properly use the RF Equipment in any warehouse function required
- The ability to operate a reach truck
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer Skills- Previous RF experience would be a plus but not required
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. Employee is required to wear the ANSI 75 approved steel toe work shoe
Pay Rate: 12-18 hourly
Location: Eldersburg, Maryland (Must Have Reliable Transportation)
Temp to Hire
Express Office: Owings Mills
10461 Mill Run Circle
Owings Mills, MD 21117