General Labor, Lhoist Lime Plants
Located in Calera,AL
Salary: $17/hr, then 18.44, then 20.49
Immediate Openings! This is a great chance to START YOUR CAREER with one of Shelby County’s leading employers, Lhoist North America. Shelby County, AL.
Pay rate progression: Start training @ $16.00/hr., THREE-WEEK raise to $17.00/hr; then raise to $18.44/hr after being hired on by Lhoist; then raise to $21.11/hr after 1,100 hrs. MUST be able to work any shift, including possible overtime on weekends. Shifts may rotate.
Here's What Your Day-to-Day Looks Like:
- Perform a wide variety of general manual labor work, requiring repetitive heavy lifting, shoveling, handwork, climbing, and performing work at different heights.
- Cleaning of spilled lime and limestone product and residue on top of, under and out of different locations throughout the plant
- Report any potential operational or safety problems to management.
- Will be exposed to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Lime/Mineral Particles
- Will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
- Ability to occasionally and repetitively lift/carry 50 pounds.
- Able communicate and interact with coworkers, supervisors, and managers.
What We Offer:
- MSHA Certification New Miners part 46 will be obtained after hire (paid training)
- Referral Bonuses offered
- Health insurance, dental, life insurance, disability, paid holidays, employee assistance program, 401k
Here's What Makes YOU a Great Fit:
- Willingness/ability to work any shift, including possible overtime on weekends. Shifts may rotate.
- Able to work any lime plant or quarry location in mid to south Shelby County
- Copy of a HS Diploma, GED or transcripts to bring to interview
- 1 year recent experience working in industrial/commercial setting (experience in mining or lime plant or quarry a plus)
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment is desired.
- Steel toed work boots (hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs, masks provided)
- 10 panel drug screen & background check, will be administered
MANY WAYS TO APPLY!
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals - Birmingham South, is a local employment agency that has been helping people find great jobs in South Birmingham & Shelby County since 2006. We focus on helping people find long term positions at some of the best companies in the area. Every week we are actively working with 50+ companies in the Downtown, Over-the-Mtn, and Shelby County areas.
Benefits of working with Express:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Holiday Pay
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program (counseling & expert advice in many stressful areas)
- Free Online Training
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on LinkedIn
Express Office: Birmingham (South)
200 Cahaba Park Circle
Birmingham, AL 35242