CNC Machinist Operator
Located in Sherwood, OR
We’re looking for a CNC Machinist to join a client of ours in Sherwood. This position will be responsible for operating convention, special purpose, numerical control machines and others as needed. This position is a great long-term opportunity to further your skills in this area.
This is an evaluation to full-time hire position.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Term Life and Short-Term Disability
- Weekly paychecks
- We offer $100 referral bonuses, if you have friends or family looking for work, we will pay you!!!
- Use blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on workpiece as guides for machining.
- Selects, aligns, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as; speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve problems
- Operate various machines in the shop (lathe, horizontal mill, vertical mill, hob, shaper, drill, etc.)
- Properly mount and secure parts onto the machine for various operations.
- Prove-out the part program by stepping/single block and creeping the cutter approach to each cut while being alert for any deviations.
- Performs “Lean Manufacturing” in machine cells (5-S, Kaisen, FIFO, and Continuous Improvement).
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSAs):
- 2-3 years’ experience in mechanic/assembly work
- Experience setting up and operating fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls, and routers to cut, bend, block, form, or straighten materials
- Ability to shape metal material over anvil, block, or other form
- Must have own set of tools
- Ability to rig loads with chains and ropes
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
Pay: $17- $30/hr. DOE
- Monday-Friday 6am-2:30pm
- Monday-Friday 2:30pm-11:00pm
As one of the leading staffing companies in North America, Express Employment Professionals works with job seekers to help find the right opportunity for you and your career. We offer competitive wages, immediate medical benefits, a 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, and more! Employment with Express Employment Professionals depends on successful completion of the Express process, which may include drug testing, background checks, meeting Express bonding requirements, and completing the work authorization paperwork.
Apply in 3 ways!
- Call us at 503.612.1800 Monday-Friday 7 am-5 pm
- Submit your application via www.ExpressPros.com/WestTualatin, be sure when you submit your app to submit it to the West Tualatin location.
- Stop by our office! Express Employment Professionals is located at 19407 SW Martinazzi Ave, Tualatin, OR 97062.
Express Office: West Tualatin
19407 Southwest Martinazzi Avenue
Tualatin, OR 97062