Electric Motors Technician
Golden Triangle, MS
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED
The person filling this position must have a High School diploma and an associate's degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent. Military or private sector experience may replace formal training. Experience: Two years experience as an Electronics Technician performing bench repair and field service is required. Experience as an Electrician is a plus.
An understanding of safety precautions around machinery and high voltage systems. Ability to disassemble and reassemble complex electronic systems. The ability to correctly apply and interpret the readings of multimeters, oscilloscopes and similar electronic test drawings. Basic understanding of Variable Frequency and DC Drive principles and operation. Basic understanding of the motors controlled by these drives. Soldering and desoldering skills.
The ability to lift and move 50 lbs using proper technique is required. Good dexterity with visual acuity will be required to perform daily task.
TASKS & DUTIES:
1. Initiate work order and enter into work log. Have work order entered into system by appropriate person. When job is completed make appropriate entry on work order with problem found and resolution. If the job is a service call, have the customer sigh off on service documentation and return form to appropriate person. Enter appropriate information into any other record-keeping systems as required.
2. Jobs may be in-house or at the customer's facility as required
3. May work individually or under the direction of a higher grade level Electronic Service Technician.
4. Diagnose failures in Electronic and Electrical equipment as required
5. Request replacement parts and make repairs when authorized. Repairs may be in-house or at customer's facility.
6. Use computer to run software used to diagnose and repair equipment. Equipment may require programming via computer.
7. Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly manner.
8. Work overtime as required.
9. Follow instructions of supervisor on repair of equipment and what to do when equipment is not to be repaired.
10. Improve knowledge of electronics, test equipment, and the equipment being repaired.
1. Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
2. Comply with company policies and procedures.
3. Develop and demonstrate good teamwork. Cooperate with management, customers, and other employees.
4. Complete all jobs in a timely manner. All jobs should demonstrate a high degree of quality.
5. Meet customer requirements and maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
6. Will be evaluated on improvement of knowledge specific to the performance of job duties.
RSS Job Feeds: